It's March, and that means it's time to get ready for bike racing!
Gapers Block may be gone, but the Skyway Classic carries on!
2016 Half Acre Cycling's Skyway Classic Criterium Series, p/b Johnny Sprockets
Registration is now open! https://www.bikereg.com/skywayclassic
Calumet Park, Chicago, IL
Monday, April 4 - Thursday, April 7, 2015
Get there early (5:30) if you want to get on the wait-list.
This four-day series gives newer racers of all genders a low-cost, low-tech, nearby opportunity to try out criterium racing and gain valuable experience, skills, and confidence to open a successful road racing season. It's a great way for those on the cusp of upgrading to get in some mass race starts.
It's also a good time to see if the work you did over the winter paid off or how the lack thereof will motivate you for the upcoming season!
The Skyway Classic is in April this year, a week later than years past, so we expect to have extended daylight (and hopefully warmer temps).
REMINDERS FOR THOSE RACING - PLEASE READ
If you are pre-registered for the series:
- Have your renewed license and an ID ready when you check in.
- License must be 2016, a printed 'authorization to ride' or be able to show on a smart phone the renewal.
- You must check-in every night and sign-in at the registration table otherwise results will not be counted.
- If you do not have a license be prepared to pay an extra $10 each day you race for the one-day license fee (down from $15 last year!).
- Keep your bib number! You'll use it for the entire week.
For those coming down for day-of registration each night:
- There are limited open slots, first come-first serve. We will then have a wait list and fill from the pre-reg no-shows.
- Save time bring a filled out waiver! It's usually cold and windy out there.
- If you have a license: This is your waiver
- If you do NOT have a license: Fill out this waiver
- Payment via cash, Paypal to Hello@halfacrecycling.org, or checks made out to 'Half Acre Cycling', no credit cards
- Juniors must have a parent or guardian to sign their waiver
- For everyone: remember to check your equipment and wear a helmet. We'll try to place as deep if we can. It's early in the season, so we hope this series is an opportunity to kick it off in a fun way!
Updates will be posted here leading up to race week.
Questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.